The social posts, blog posts, and articles from the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show are starting to roll in. Sigh. As I mentioned in the previous post, I’ve made an executive blog decision to sit out the show this year as I did last year. There is plenty of media there to cover the latest in the longest long super long more yardage longer longest long LONG big huge super long low spin long carry long distance mega long drivers and of course the awesome golf club stands. Yes there is a lot of nonsense at the PGA Show, which I won’t miss, but there are many things I will miss, a lot.
Top 10 Things I’ll Miss at the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show
- Free booze! – Love packing booths at the end of the day to get a free beer. But as you can see from the ladies below, several days of drinking can take its toll!
Getting in a booth that offers free booze, let alone getting to the bar is a war. KILL KILL!
- Free swag? I have to mention it, but the last few shows I went to I intentionally came home empty handed. Too much golf stuff here at HOG World Headquarters as it is LOL.
- Warm weather. We had 20 inches of snow in 24 hours a couple of days ago. It’s nice to go to Orlando and get out of the cold.
- Booth babes. Yes the same thing I complained about in the previous post.
After all, they give me plenty of blog material and of course more hits when I post pictures of them.
- Playing golf in Florida, at courses I haven’t played. Definitely a benefit of going to the Show.
- This mannequin:
I visit her every year. I can’t quite “pinpoint” what I like so much about her but I stop by and admire her every Show. On a side note I can never figure out why that section of the show is so cold every year.
- Meeting famous people in golf. Below is me with the maker of the most over-priced and over-sought-after putters, Scotty Cameron.
- There’s a lot of real junk at the show, but there are the occasional very cool new golf products. It’s fun to see what the golf inventors and designers come up with to shave more strokes off your game.
I’m still about the same handicap I was 10 years ago though.
- Tilted Kilt. I love me a good ole fashioned Florida Scottish pup with the greasiest fried food on the planet and the hottest waitresses. Unfortunately in the photo below I couldn’t put my arm around her because I had just dislocated my shoulder and my arm is in a sling. Booo.
Okay I lied. I just like the place because its initials are “TK” and they have a beer called the “TK Ale.”
- Perkins. I always stop by for some pancakes. Yes, this is “the” Perkins where it all went down, so to speak.
- PEOPLE – By far the biggest thing I’ll miss at the PGA Show is the AWESOME PEOPLE.
I have so many great friends in the golf industry. It pains me to miss out on an opportunity to see you all. Damn that hurts!
Pardon Our Dust - Moving site to HTTPS