The social posts, blog posts, and articles from the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show are starting to roll in. Sigh. As I mentioned in the previous post, I’ve made an executive blog decision to sit out the show this year as I did last year. There is plenty of media there to cover the latest in the longest long super long more yardage longer longest long LONG big huge super long low spin long carry long distance mega long drivers and of course the awesome golf club stands. Yes there is a lot of nonsense at the PGA Show, which I won’t miss, but there are many things I will miss, a lot.
Top 10 Things I’ll Miss at the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show
- Free booze! – Love packing booths at the end of the day to get a free beer. But as you can see from the ladies below, several days of drinking can take its toll!
Getting in a booth that offers free booze, let alone getting to the bar is a war. KILL KILL!
- Free swag? I have to mention it, but the last few shows I went to I intentionally came home empty handed. Too much golf stuff here at HOG World Headquarters as it is LOL.
- Warm weather. We had 20 inches of snow in 24 hours a couple of days ago. It’s nice to go to Orlando and get out of the cold.
- Booth babes. Yes the same thing I complained about in the previous post.
After all, they give me plenty of blog material and of course more hits when I post pictures of them.
- Playing golf in Florida, at courses I haven’t played. Definitely a benefit of going to the Show.
- This mannequin:
I visit her every year. I can’t quite “pinpoint” what I like so much about her but I stop by and admire her every Show. On a side note I can never figure out why that section of the show is so cold every year.
- Meeting famous people in golf. Below is me with the maker of the most over-priced and over-sought-after putters, Scotty Cameron.
- There’s a lot of real junk at the show, but there are the occasional very cool new golf products. It’s fun to see what the golf inventors and designers come up with to shave more strokes off your game.
I’m still about the same handicap I was 10 years ago though.
- Tilted Kilt. I love me a good ole fashioned Florida Scottish pup with the greasiest fried food on the planet and the hottest waitresses. Unfortunately in the photo below I couldn’t put my arm around her because I had just dislocated my shoulder and my arm is in a sling. Booo.
Okay I lied. I just like the place because its initials are “TK” and they have a beer called the “TK Ale.”
- Perkins. I always stop by for some pancakes. Yes, this is “the” Perkins where it all went down, so to speak.
- PEOPLE – By far the biggest thing I’ll miss at the PGA Show is the AWESOME PEOPLE.
I have so many great friends in the golf industry. It pains me to miss out on an opportunity to see you all. Damn that hurts!
Damn! I have to give credit where credit is due. Vegas odds were at 3.5 days before Golf.com would post their Hottest Women in Golf click bait. I had my money on six days and Golf.com blew that out of the water by lasting a whole ELEVEN days before posting pictures of Holly Saunders in a g-string.
This grows something, but I don’t think it grows golf…
It must have been hard for them to resist hitting that publish button for so long. I guess ad revenue for 2016 was sagging a bit.
Thanks Golf.com for all you do to grow the game. These pictures are such great golf journalism. Re-posting Instagram photos can be tough work. These great Instagram photos will serve well to make the game more enjoyable, less expensive, and less time consuming. I’m sure people around the world will look at this objectification of women and flock to the game, especially women.
This is hillarious. I was just writing a post to say how I have no interest in so called “Instagram Star” Paige Spiranac. So I dug out the photo below to help with my comments.
It was at that point that I realized Paige Spiranac is not in the photo. I’ve seen so many of these from Golf Digest I’m getting them all mixed up now. Above is some other hot female that Golf Digest and numerous other golf “magazines” are going to exploit for cheap web traffic, shoving her in my face on social networks, until the cows come home.
Anyway back on Paige… I simply can’t wait for more “photo galleries” from Instagram, you know, disguised as golf journalism. Please do the “up-skirt” ones, those are my favorite. “I can see her vag… Oh DAMMIT she’s wearing a skort!!”
Congrats. You’ve just scored a ZERO on my Golf-Give-a-Shit-O-Meter.
UPDATE: The last sentence has spawned a new feature which will be officially implemented in 2016, the Hooked On Golf Blog Give-a-Shit-O-Meter:
Are you on Google Plus? Yes many think it is a ghost town, but there are some fairly large golf communities with thousands of members. Give Hooked On Golf Blog’s G+ page a follow, as well as my personal G+ and I’ll follow you back.
Care to join me for some Beer Golf? There are women too!
One new follower I picked up today is “Beer Golf and Women.” Naturally I was intrigued by this. Not because of beer and women, but because of the missing comma in the name. Or perhaps I’m presuming it was a mistake. I would think it should read “Beer, Golf and Women.” Without the comma it implies that “Beer Golf” is a single activity.
Wait a sec…
Beer Golf? That’s absolutely brilliant. I love the sound of that. I’ve been struggling with my regular golf game but I could really sink my taste buds into “Beer Golf.”
The fourth major championship is upon us! It’s one of the greatest events in golf, the PGA Championship. Rory McIlory appears to be on the way, Jordan Spieth is vying for a 3rd major in a year, Tiger Woods “might” be on the comeback, Whistling Straits is a fantastic venue. So many great golf stories to choose from.
Good for golf? Probably not. Good for hits and clickbait? Absolutely
So what does Golf.com choose to offer its readers on the eve of this smorgasboard of great golf stories and angles? What brilliant journalistic excellence does this great golf media outlet grace its intelligent, discerning, classy readers with?