Being Friday the 13th I thought I’d do a golf blog post on golf superstitions. I have many of my own, and most everyone I know has them. Once I shot that great round I wore the same underwear for 22 straight days… Won a lot of bets.
Here are a few of my golf superstitions:
13. I listen to heavy rock & roll in the car and in the parking lot of the course. I always have music in my head, so I pick a song which I can stand to “hear” for the next five hours.
13. I like to use the same ball marker every round, one from Balcomie Links in Scotland. But I do have other’s which I will use if necessary.
13. I will not use blue tees. It is a college football thing. I prefer white tees, mainly because the white paint leaves a mark on the club to show you if you’re close to the sweet spot.
13. Speaking of blue, I don’t use anything blue. No blue bag. No blue head covers. No blue golf towel.
13. I do NOT carry a ball retriever. That’s like asking to hit a ball in the water.
13. If I’m riding in a golf cart (“buggy” in the UK), I only pick carts which have good “golf” numbers, like 69, 34, 70, 71. NO way I’d pick cart #85.
Who is Plagiarising Who?
I googled “golf superstitions” and the first two links I read (below) were practically the same piece, just a few words moved around. Who is copying who?
Every sport has it’s superstitions and golf is no exception. I’m not alone – there are plenty of golfers with strange superstitions. Here are some of my favorites.
Oct 6, 2012 – There is little doubt that golf is a strange game. You need long, skinny clubs to whack a little white ball around a course in the name of …
I wonder if these two lists above are the only two, or if there are more…