A little over a year ago during Masters week, I opened my “other” site. That other site is The Golf Space at www.thegolfspace.com. The Golf Space is the original and (in my biased opinion) best “golf social networking” site. Social networking is similar to the community based sites like Myspace and Orkut. I like to say The Golf Space is golf’s version of myspace only without the strippers.
Since it’s opening, The Golf Space golf community has registered over 1700 members. Not bad for having no advertising budget. The Golf Space has had over 600,000 unique visitors, over 1000 golf gallery images posted, over 800 golf related articles posted, tracked hundreds of golf rounds and handicaps, and connected hundreds of golfers around the world.
1. Individual user profiles for personal, business or golf courses. Golf courses and business have special contextual profile fields.
2. User blogs.
3. User photo galleries.
4. Networking features like friends, profile comments, private messages, karma ratings and more.
5. Golf scores, handicaps and statistics.
6. Golf discussion forums.
7. Golf chat room.
8. User generated golf web links.
9. Latest golf news.
10. Individual URLS (www.thegolfspace.com/yourname)
11. Matchmaker: find your golf mate.
12. Golf articles relating to course reviews, product reviews, training, fitness and more.
13. Many more features in development.
Perhaps the best part of The Golf Space is that it is FREE. Free blogs, chat, golf stats and handicap etc… And the site has had NO advertising in the first year.
Golf Social Networking Sites Are Popping Up Like Acne On A 14 Year Old Girl
Lately golf social networking sites are popping up left and right. Many are all about the all mighty dollar and though they don’t even have 50 users they have ads. Many think they’re the next coming of Jack Nicklaus… I wish them luck, but The Golf Space has a big head start and a couple of things many of them don’t have: 1. A person running the with a passion for GOLF. 2. A great URL which is easy to remember: www.thegolfspace.com.
Golf Scores & Stats:
Blog in profile: