I just got off the phone with a friend of mine named John, who runs shall we say “the mother ship” of golf sites. He called to tell me how great it was to play Pebble Beach, Half Moon Bay, Spyglass and Monterey CC. He was extremely excited to let me know he shot even par on the front at Pebble.
Non golf equivalent to playing golf at Pebble Beach
For non golfers it would be hard to explain the equivalent to what John just did. These analogies may come close:
1. For a redneck it would be like getting a lifetime supply of Coors delivered to you in a shiny new pickup truck.
2. For guy, it would be like managing to get a date with Tyra Banks and getting “lucky.”
3. It would be like a 14 year old boy beating the latest version of Grand Theft Auto.
4. For the oil companies, it would be like fuel costs reaching $4.00 per gallon. Oops, too late.
5. It would be like a Microsoft user having his software actually work.
6. For President Bush, it would be like really knowing what the mission is and actually accomplishing it.
My congrats to you buddy. And next time remember your pal Tony!
It is snowing on May 1st. In fact, the snowflakes are about 1/2″ in diameter. At least I’m resting an injury right now.
If April showers bring May flowers, what does May snow bring?
It is April 24th. I had a 9:32 tee time today with my Thursday group but we canceled because it was going to rain.
It isn’t raining… it’s SNOWING.
Every Winter about 20 guys in my group of golf pals go to St. George, Utah to get out of the frozen tundra and play some golf. One or two nights on each trip we trek about 40 minutes Southwest to Mesquite, Nevada for pizza and gambling. Between St. George and Mesquite you pass through a small corner of the state of Arizona. There’s a little RV park and gas station where we always stop and pick up an Arizona lottery ticket. We usually purchase 10 powerball draws. They draw the powerball twice a week, so for the next five weeks after the trip I have a shot at winning.
The Winning Lottery Ticket
I logged in to the Arizona lottery web site this morning to check one last time because my 10 draws were done. I WON! In the picture here, you see me (wearing a CBUK CB DryTec™ Cargo Polo Shirt by the way) holding the golden winning ticket! I promise to give 1/2 of my net winnings to charity.