I don’t dress up often, just weddings and funerals. Now I have a good reason to, new Kentwools to review. These babies are from the new 19th Hole Collection dress socks.
For those who have not yet read my reviews or heard of Kentwool, they are a great maker of wool socks with killer line of golf socks called Kentwool Tour. I’ve done a few posts about them in the past. See the related links below. Review coming soon, as soon as I dress up…
Kentwool Tour review
Kentwool Orange Edition
My lovely G-Mac Ardglass – click for more
Today I’m reviewing the G-Mac Ardglass golf polo by Irish apparel maker Kartel. The G-Mac line is new; a coloboration between Kartel and Irish golf star Graeme McDowell. Let’s take a look at this awesome polo.
This golf polo is made from 63% pima cotton which is extremely soft and smooth. I find myself uncontrollably petting this shirt as it hangs in the closet. Tough to explain that to the wife at 4:13 a.m. The other 37% of the fabric makeup is polyester. Polys don’t wrinkle and they keep their shape well. And perhaps best of all a poly fabric prevents shrinking.
The collar has a “button under” design which is very nice. And the under side of the collar on my shirt (the orange or Whiskey color) is black, which matches the detailed stitching on the trim around the buttons. Very nice touch.
Wearing this polo provides the wearer up to 30SPF ultra-violet protection.
The fabric of this shirt is not only soft, it combats moisture with its dry-tech moisture wicking technology. The fabric pulls moisture from the skin to the outside of the shirt where it evaporates.
Along with the wicking, the shirt’s material is anti-microbial.
The Ardglass is available in four colors: Whiskey (orange, shown in this article), coral (hot pink), jade (hot turquoise), basalt (black/gray).
On The Course
This shirt is so comfortable and good looking that it practically inspires good golf. I’ve gotten many comments on this shirt.
The smooth fabric combined with great design is great for the golf swing. No binding, stretching or pulling. I can swing free with this polo, and concentrate on my shot rather than an irritating apparel issue!
Ardglass – Whiskey – click to zoom
It is tough to come up with a 4,000 word article on a golf shirt. Lets face it. There are really only three crucial requirements a golf polo must meet: Style, comfort and performance. The Ardglass scores a “brilliant” rating in all three crucial areas. Brilliant old chap!
I wish wearing this G-Mac polo made my golf game as good as Graeme McDowell’s, but I’ll have to settle for being as stylish I suppose…
G-MAC by Kartel website
Hooked On Golf Blog G-MAC images
There are three inches of snow on the ground outside my house right now, and more snow is falling. Not golf weather. No worries though, because I have a HEATED jacket that can toast my upper body at up to 135 degrees, made by a cool company called Mobile Warming. Lets take a look at this great idea.
Mobile Warming Overview
Mobile Warming is a company based out of Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Wisconsinites know what cold is all about. MW makes heated apparel for men and women including jackets, shirts, vets and gloves. Their line is geared toward hunters, skiers, hikers, fishermen, motorcyclists and now golfers as well. (more…)
My battery is charged. Bring on the cold! – click to zoom
Temperatures are dropping here in Salt Lake. It is cold and wet here now and it is only going to get colder.
I can’t believe I haven’t seen a product like this yet, but I now have a new HEATED golf rain jacket to test out. “Mobile Warming” (great name) makes various heated garments, including a line of heated rain jackets and vests for golf.
When it gets cold my sketchy back tightens up. Can’t wait to test this thing out and see if it will help me stay loose and of course, warm. I’ll be testing out the jacket for a bit, especially this Saturday evening at the Utah/CAL football game which starts at 7:45 p.m. Stay tuned for my full review. In the mean time you can click either photo to see more or head to the Mobile Warming web site.
Mobile Warming Heated Golf Rain Jacket – click for more
G-Mac by Kartel – click for more
I just received a product sample of the new G-Mac apparel line. G-Mac is the co-operative brand between Irish apparel maker Kartel and Irish golfer Graeme McDowell. The polo looks very nice and the feel of the fabric is very smooth to the touch.
I’ll be putting the shirt in play and putting it through the extensive HOG test battery and posting a review soon. I usually wear an XL because I prefer a loose fit which doesn’t impede my golf swing, but this one is a large. I hope their sizing runs fat-American large and not Euro-small or it could be the world’s shortest apparel. 😉
I’ve added a new G-Mac image gallery here, and inside are a few pictures of some of the new G-Mac product line.