The sun always shines when you’re cool.
I’ve had the pleasure of wearing the Bolle’ Ransom golf sunglasses for a while. These glasses are best fitted for a larger head, like mine. One must have a large head to hold as much golf knowledge as I do.
Let’s take a look at the Bolle’ Ransom, or should I say look through them…
- Thick, stylish, unique frame design
- The B-Clear lenses are anti-glare and produce colors and highlights well suited for the golf course
- The lenses are as clear as glass but considerably lighter
- The “Oleophobic/hydrophobic” lenses repel grease, dirt, and water spots
- High strength nose pads and rubber gripping to keep glasses from slipping
- 100% UVA and UVB protection
- Nice case
- Cleaning cloth included
On The Course – On The Beach
My on-the-course portion of this review is a little tough. I wear prescription sunglasses which really help me see the ball far away. I’m nearsighted, so reading greens, standing over the ball, and short range stuff is great. But long range, seeing a ball from 150+ yards was tough.
That said, in my good range I loved the clarity of the lenses, the colors, and how I could easily see the contours and slopes of the course.
I sport these shades in far more places than just the golf course. On my recent trip to southern California I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the beach and soaking up the rays in the comfort of the Ransoms.
Other situations where sunglasses are great and the Ransoms have shined include outside parties, walks around the neighborhood, hiking, spending time at the park with my little boy.
On or off the course the style is fantastic and the comfort is as good as any shades I’ve reviewed.
If I had a prescription version of the Bolle’ Ransom they would be my gamer sunglasses on the golf course.
They’re certainly my gamers for many other sunny outdoor activities.