Golf Buddy has been a world leader in GPS golf yardage devices for many years and now they’ve added laser rangefinders to their product lineup with the LR5 laser rangefinder.
Golf Buddy LR5 Laser Rangefinder
The LR5 is a very small and handy laser which produces dependable yardages. Let’s take a look at some of the features.
- Compact design, easy to handle. Nearly half the size of some lasers on the market.
- Three targeting modes: scan, standard, pin
- 6x magnification in the viewfinder
- Accurate to 1 yard
- Water resistant. Not waterproof though, so don’t throw it in the lake.
- Reasonable price. Though it retails for $299 I’ve found the Golf Buddy LR5 on Amazon for around $180. Beats the hell out of $399 or $499.
- Carrying case
On The Course
First I really dig the footprint of this laser. Some lasers are ridiculously large. This one fits nicely in my hand and stows away in the included carrying case, or inside a pocket in my golf bag.
The laser locks onto the target quite easily and delivers solid and consistent yardages. Consistency is a big deal to me. Other lasers will produce different yardages every time you shoot the same target. That’s not a confidence builder!
The carrying case works just the same as most other brands’ cases, barring the little rubber strap which is supposed to aid in securing it. The mesh grabber on that strap fell apart. Not a crucial part though.
Finally companies are pricing golf lasers and golf GPS devices in a more reasonable range, not the crazy $500 price tag of years past. That money needs to be saved for this week’s latest driver, guaranteed longer and straighter than ever!
The Golf Buddy LR5 is small, accurate, and dependable. Solid.
Porsche 911 Carrera - Where Do the Golf Clubs Go?