Golf Apparel Review: G-MAC Ardglass Polo by Kartel

Written by: Tony Korologos | Monday, November 12th, 2012
Categories: Golf ApparelGolf GearReviews
G-Mac by Kartel

My lovely G-Mac Ardglass – click for more

Today I’m reviewing the G-Mac Ardglass golf polo by Irish apparel maker Kartel.  The G-Mac line is new; a coloboration between Kartel and Irish golf star Graeme McDowell.  Let’s take a look at this awesome polo.

Ardglass Features

This golf polo is made from 63% pima cotton which is extremely soft and smooth.  I find myself uncontrollably petting this shirt as it hangs in the closet.  Tough to explain that to the wife at 4:13 a.m.  The other 37% of the fabric makeup is polyester.  Polys don’t wrinkle and they keep their shape well.  And perhaps best of all a poly fabric prevents shrinking.

The collar has a “button under” design which is very nice.  And the under side of the collar on my shirt (the orange or Whiskey color) is black, which matches the detailed stitching on the trim around the buttons.  Very nice touch.

Wearing this polo provides the wearer up to 30SPF ultra-violet protection.

The fabric of this shirt is not only soft, it combats moisture with its dry-tech moisture wicking technology.  The fabric pulls moisture from the skin to the outside of the shirt where it evaporates.

Along with the wicking, the shirt’s material is anti-microbial.


The Ardglass is available in four colors: Whiskey (orange, shown in this article), coral (hot pink), jade (hot turquoise), basalt (black/gray).

g-mac kartel apparel

Adrglass Colors

On The Course

This shirt is so comfortable and good looking that it practically inspires good golf.  I’ve gotten many comments on this shirt.

The smooth fabric combined with great design is great for the golf swing.  No binding, stretching or pulling.  I can swing free with this polo, and concentrate on my shot rather than an irritating apparel issue!

G-Mac Polo

Ardglass – Whiskey – click to zoom


It is tough to come up with a 4,000 word article on a golf shirt.  Lets face it.  There are really only three crucial requirements a golf polo must meet: Style, comfort and performance.  The Ardglass scores a “brilliant” rating in all three crucial areas.  Brilliant old chap!

I wish wearing this G-Mac polo made my golf game as good as Graeme McDowell’s, but I’ll have to settle for being as stylish I suppose…

Related Links

G-MAC by Kartel website

Hooked On Golf Blog G-MAC images

2 responses to “Golf Apparel Review: G-MAC Ardglass Polo by Kartel”

  1. Todd GRFG says:

    Shirts look nice! I like the buttons on the collar. The moisture wicking technology is great on hot days but I am unsure of the ultra-violet protection; what is the thought, that the sun goes through the small mesh of the fabric?

  2. No details really Todd. 30spf is pretty good though, as a bonus.





HOG Twitter


TK Twitter





5,500,000+ VIEWS