Today is my best friend Alan’s birthday. Big 40.
Al (Chip here in Utah but not back East!) and I grew up together as next door neighbors. We’ve shared many great times together.
Some quick highlights:
- Hiking in the mountains in our back yards
- Playing hoops in my yard for hours and hours when we were kids
- Following University of Utah sports through the best and the worst of times
- Being Star Trek fans, yelling “Khaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!” in Ricardo Montalban’s driveway
- Golfing many fine courses in Utah, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. In fact Al took me to my first Tom Doak course: Stonewall, and my first Donald Ross course: Aronomink.
- Enjoying fine cigars
- Many awesome concerts like The Who, JP, Maiden and best of all 4th row at Pink Floyd
I’m thankful for my friendship and for the many things Al has done for me. I’d truly do anything for him. If it weren’t for my pal Al, I wouldn’t have even started this blog.
Cheers to you my friend. I miss you man. Now I must go wipe the tears from my eyes…