2008 PGA SHOW BLOG
If you checked in this morning you may have found a “bandwidth exceeded” message here. HOG’s bandwidth usage just hit an all time high this month. While that may seem like a bad thing, it’s actually a good thing. What it means is that HOG is generating more and more traffic. All I had to do was increase my bandwidth on my server so no big deal.
One of the buzzes from the recent PGA Show was the new interchangeable shafts and heads. Many sites are quoting the “first look at interchangeable shafts and heads” with articles about the Callaway i-Mix and Nickent Evolver 4DX.
While this is a valid buzz in golf, I’m going to have to poopoo sites claiming the “first look at interchangeable shafts” when referring to the Callaway and Nickent offerings.
Travel back to September 12, 2007
Back on September 12, 2007 I posted an article and video on interchangeable shafts and drivers from Versus Golf. And quite honestly, that driver had been sitting in my living room for a couple of months before I got around to it.
Quote from my interchangeable shaft/head post back in September
|“I’m amazed that a system like this hasn’t become some kind of ’standard’ in the golf industry. How cool would it be to carry 2-3 different driver shafts in your trunk and be able to use the one that’s fitting your current swing during that time?”
And yes, today companies like Callaway and Nickent are offering packages which are exactly what I just described in the quote above, with 2-3 shafts. Am I good?
If only I was this good with the women…
In the table below is a collection of the videos I shot at the 2008 PGA Show. Click on the titles or the video thumbnail to view each video.
One last update of the daily blog for today. Final thoughts on day 1. I’m in the lobby of my hotel where the free wi-fi is. Unfortunately, there are tourists from some unknown country attempting to sing “Sweet Home Alabama” karaoke style in the bar next door….
Day one had many interesting events.
1. I finally met Kelly at Ogio after nearly three years of emails back and forth. I also met Dave Pelz (again), Greg Norman and Jesse Ortiz.
2. At the Ogio booth I got to see a prototype head cover for woods which is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.
3. Once again my friends at Nicklaus golf, especially Clay Long gave me some great time and content.
4. Taylormade isn’t here, nor is Titleist or Ping…
5. There was quite a “hole” in the floor where the TM booth was last year.
6. Ran into several pals, including Chris, the pro at my home CC. I also ran into my Black Mesa pals.
7. The buzz this year isn’t square, it’s triangular. The other buzz is “lifestyle.”
8. My shoes had a painful problem and I have a blister on my left foot. Vans tomorrow.
9. Not as crowded a show as 2007. Not as much traffic. I wonder of the state of the economy is related.
10. Had dinner with GRIP founder Rob Blumberg again. We may have a new venture in the works, which will really help the small time golf manufacturers.
11:48pm… Must go to bed. Now the karaoke people are singing “Under the Boardwalk.” Can’t take it anymore.
12:23am… Realized I have two videos to upload to youtube…