Hooked on Golf Blog logo


How not to dress on the golf course – Volume II

Written by: Tony Korologos | Wednesday, August 18th, 2010
Categories: BoneheadsHow Not To

I haven’t done any posts for my new “How Not To” category for a while, so I’ve been on the lookout this week and caught some new material.

Below is the 2nd installment of “How not to dress on the golf course.”

I wasn’t golfing when I shot this pic.  I was at my family reunion, which was near a golf course.  I was standing in the trees and right when this guy looked at me I snapped the pic.  The flash from the camera went off.  I smiled and waived, hoping he wouldn’t beat me up….

Click here for volume one…

Pomology Joint Formula

Written by: Tony Korologos | Monday, July 26th, 2010
Categories: Golf FitnessMiscellaneousReviews

Anyone who has followed my golf sites knows I suffer from some pretty bad back pain.  And as of late I’ve had some tendinitis in the left elbow (golfer’s elbow) and knee pain in the left knee has been creeping in.  Hmm.  My left side is falling apart and my right side is fine.  Not sure what that is all about…

My pals at Pomology suggested I try their JOINT Formula for some of these aches and pains.  I just popped two of them now and I’m heading to my Tuesday league in a couple of hours.  I know I’ll be feeling fairly well, as I’ve been testing out this stuff now for about 10 rounds.  No pain.  No aches.  No tendinitis.


Pomology uses pomegranate based antioxidants to promote healthy joints and cartilage.  As far as I can tell the stuff actually works, and I’m a big skeptic.   Apparently pomegranates have natural a natural anti-inflammatory in them.

Another ingredient is HA or hyaluronic acid.  This stuff is a naturally occurring protein which “hydrates collagen in cells,” contributing to strengthening joint tissue.

M.S.M. is a sulfur which also helps which mineral found in major tissues of the body such as cartilage.

Boswellia Serata Extract (really?) is from a Boswellia tree and has been used for thousands of years as a way of reliving stiff joints.


All gibberish aside, I’m feeling darn good.  My inflammation and stiff joints are feeling pretty decent lately.  Is it a coincidence that this coincides with the time I started taking the Pomology JOINT Formula?

Golf State Of Mind

Written by: Tony Korologos | Sunday, July 25th, 2010
Categories: Golf InstructionInstructionReviews

“Golf is 90% mental, and the other 10% is in your head.”

I’m capable of hitting great golf shots.  I’ve hit thousands of them.  I’m also capable of completely gagging and hitting horrid golf shots, like today when I limped to the finish line on the last two holes with bogey and double bogey to make a good round turn into a mediocre one.  So why can’t I hit good shots more consistently?  Why is it that I can play great golf for 15-16 holes but gag the last couple?  How can I be -7 after 12 holes and shoot 74?  How can I shoot a 31 on the front and a 41 on the back?  How can I shoot 68 on a course one day and then shoot an 85 on the same damn course the next?  Sometimes it seems like I can’t stand success during a round.  It is all mental baby.

I do have the physical ability and the coordination to hit a great golf shot.  Many people do.  But why don’t they do it more often or more consistently?  Their brains get in the way.  During rounds I know my focus drifts and bad swing faults and bad habits take over.

Golf State Of Mind

David MacKenzie’s Golf State Of Mind is a program which coaches and teaches the mental side of golf.  It is about cultivating the right mental approach to the game and building trust in the player’s ability.  The program is intended to help players play without fear, and reach their full potential.


How Not To Dress On The Golf Course – Part 1 of 1,000,000

Written by: Tony Korologos | Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010
Categories: How Not To

I’m sure I’ll have many additions to this “How Not To” category.  Here’s a prime example of How Not To dress on the golf course:

wife beater golf shirt
I really don’t recommend wearing “wife beater” shirts on the golf course.  But if you do, make sure you have tattoos on your arms.  The best tattoos I’ve found for this application are the ones which go around your biceps and look like barbed wire.

How Not To Wear A Short Blue Dress

Written by: Tony Korologos | Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010
Categories: How Not To

I’m really enjoying the new HOG “How Not To” category. I’ve got lots of material.

This photo was taken in Atlanta by yours truly the day after the Tuesday practice round at this year’s Masters. My best pal Al had been admiring some of the Georgia peache’s blue dresses in the gallery at the Masters so I snapped this grand finale for him.

This pic is yet another Georgia peach, showing us how not to wear a short blue dress (and carry the remainder of lunch as well).

1 10 11 12 13 14 27





HOG Twitter


TK Twitter





5,500,000+ VIEWS