I’ve been so busy fighting hackers and people ripping off my content that I completely missed Hooked On Golf Blog’s 2nd birthday or “blogday.” HOG’s 2nd blogday was December 5th, and I wouldn’t have even remembered that if I hadn’t made the last post.
So a 2nd year of golf blogging is in the books…
Year two nuggets:
- In year two I made 562 posts.
- I greatly improved my golf equipment reviews and especially my golf course reviews.
- I met and golfed with fellow golf bloggers like Jay Flemma and Luke Swilor.
- I made dozens of new contacts with golf courses and golf equipment companies.
- I played the coolest course I’ve ever seen.
- I’ve made some BIG connections which I’m “working” now…
- I posted over 1500 photos to the golf photo gallery, bringing it to over 2600!
- I launched The Golf Space, the web’s original and best golf networking site.
- Entertained being “bought out” or “acquired” but declined several deals.
- Climbed up the search engine ladder to become top in many golf categories.
Time capsule of current stats:
- 1050 total posts
- 1152 comments (some lost switching from blogger)
- Photo gallery images viewed 197,447 times
- 2604 golf photos in the gallery
- 1211 pictures of golf courses. I intend to make this portion HUGE.
Back on HOG’s one year birthday post I wrote down some goals or hopes for the upcoming year of golf blogging. Many came true, except the one where a big company like Titleist or Ping buys me out and pays me a million bucks.
My goals for year three are very similar to year two. I have no doubt I’ll be golf blogging a year from now. I enjoy it too much to stop any time soon. I fully intened to continue building this golf site and my “golf web empire” in general. I’m really looking forward to doing many more golf course reviews and continuing to build up large libraries with photos of great golf courses. I greatly look forward to meeting and golfing with more cool people, and building up relationships with companies in the golf industry.
To all my golf blog friends I thank you for your support.
175 new photos, new course reviews on the way.