Along with my testing of a reasonably priced $173 golf laser rangefinder by ScoreBand, I’m testing the ScoreBand Golf GPS Watch and Scorecard. This unit runs $129 at retail (very reasonably priced) and serves as a golf GPS and wrist mounted golf scorekeeper. I found this golf GPS watch for $121 on Amazon.
ScoreBand Golf GPS Watch – click to buy
I’m not big on wearing watches and GPS watches tend to be bigger than normal watches. I just mount the unit to my bag most of the time. With the unit conveniently located on my golf bag I can look at the numbers and grab a club quickly and easily.
Features Courtesy of the ScoreBand Website
- Auto-detects nearest course
- Yardage to Front, Back and Center of Green
- Yardage to hazards
- Quick-Score scorecard for each course
- Stores up to 10 rounds
- Shot distance measurement
- Easy software upgrades
- Long-life rechargeable battery 8-10 hours in GPS mode / up to 4 weeks in power-save mode
- 2 hours to fully recharge (DC)
- 3ATM Water Resistance
- Screen 90 x 90 pixels for easy viewing
- GPS accurate time and date
- Uses industry leading u-blox GPS chipset
Pre-Loaded Course Database
- NORTH AMERICA + BRAZIL
- UK/EUROPE/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/SOUTH AFRICA
I have a few more testing rounds to go, but so far so good on the ScoreBand GPS watch. Solid so far. Stay tuned for my full review.
Golf Short Game Tip: Use No-Chipping Sign as Target When Practicing Chipping